Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Just Sitting under this Banyan Tree...

Wow, God is good hey?! Since I have been here, i can't stop thinking of how much God has blessed me. I mean, of all the places where God would put me to go out and share His unbelievably awesome name, Turkey and Russia are the places He wants me to go!!! TURKEY AND RUSSIA! I am nothing but excited to go and do Gods work there. My group consists of two leaders, and eight students. Four men and six ladies! Its going to be such an awesome experience for us to grow closer together as a family as well as growing even closer with Christ =] We haven't yet been told exactly what we will be doing, but I do know that we will have the chance to love on people, which you all should know I love to do!

So, after i found out about my Soon to be adventure, I realized that Russia is one of the coldest countries in the world. In fact, half of the country, no body lives there because it is so cold. I LOVE COLD WEATHER!!! God is SO good! =]

I know for a fact that this is where God wants me to be this upcoming winter, however I am still praying and waiting on the Lord to help me with finances. I have about three thousand more to raise for my outreach and I have been working a lot on fundraisers. If any of you could please keep me in your prayers for my faith that God will provide and for me to continually praise Him no matter the outcome, that would be super great! I need all the support i can get!! =]

God is doing so many ridiculous, random, crazy, exciting stuff in my life that I'm going crazy! =D In fact, this past weekend, my whole Compassion DTS and I got to take part in the huge Ironman event as security for five hours. The best part about it was that we got to work the very last shift which you all should know, that time is when all the struggling people try their every last muscle to make it to the finish line in time. It was such a different way of seeing a race... Instead of sitting back and watching it or actually running the race, I got to be the supporter and the one to root them on! Screaming at them that they are gonna make it! How awesome they are! Basically lift them up so that they know they are gonna make it. And I could tell on the looks of their faces how wonderful it felt when all these random red shirted kids were cheering them on! Those smiles were worth every second of standing for five hours =]

God is so BEAUTIFUL! Yeah!?


Soaking in His love,

Kay

1 comment:

  1. your blogs are so encouraging katrina! i am so proud of the Lord in you. i would love to hear about your life :) i am glad i found your blog! i miss you my friend.

    ReplyDelete